About the Journal
Pollack Periodica is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal that provides an international forum for the presentation, discussion and dissemination of the latest advances and developments in engineering and informatics.Pollack Periodica invites papers reporting new research and applications from a wide range of discipline, including civil, mechanical, electrical, environmental, earthquake, material engineering, architecture and informatics.
The journal aims at reaching a wider audience, not only researchers, but also those likely to be most affected by research results, for example designers, fabricators, specialists, developers, computer scientists managers in academic, governmental and industrial communities.
The scope of the journal includes, but is not limited to the following scientific fields:
- numerical analysis and simulation of engineering structures and systems;
- design theory of structures;
- fluid-structure and soil-structure interaction analysis;
- experimental techniques;
- material modeling, composite materials;
- computer-aided design and methodology;
- sensitivity and optimization methods;
- probabilistic approaches;
- advanced or innovative applications of computers to practical engineering problem;
- software engineering and related hardware/software systems issues;
- expert and intelligent systems applied in industry and governments.
The journal publishes original, peer-reviewed research papers dealing with all aspects of systems and structures of engineering and information sciences, including theoretical and experimental research. Papers presenting research findings in a form suitable for practical use or papers by designers and fabricators dealing with issues bearing directly on research are especially welcome. Papers reporting work in progress will also be included provided the long-term practical implications of the research are evident. The journal will also present technical notes, book reviews, state-of-the-art surveys and educational articles of general value to the field.