Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submitted paper is written in idiomatic academic English.
- The submitted paper explores a narrow topic in philology, linguistics, literature or history of pre-modern Asia.
- The submitted paper, which is based on primary sources written in one or several Oriental languages, offers a new and relevant contribution to the respective field.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The file is submitted in both pdf and Microsoft Word (or RTF / OpenOffice) document file formats.
- The text preferably adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. However, it is also possible to submit a paper without meeting these requirements, and implement these changes after the paper is accepted.
- The submitted paper contains an abstract of max. 100 words, as well as 6-8 key words.
- The paper itself does not contain the name of the author as author, and the author's name is also removed from the properties of the doc and pdf versions. The submitted paper is accompanied by a separate doc ('Cover letter'), which contains the author's name, affiliation, as well as email and postal addresses.
- Although we do our best to minimize the review period, the author of the submitted paper accepts that the review process can take ca. 4-6 months, or, due to the reviewers' non-availability, even longer.
- The author of the submitted paper accepts that due to the thorough review process and the large number of papers AOH receives the submitted paper most probably cannot be published earlier than 18 months after the submission. Thus, a paper submitted in March 2021, if accepted, will probably be published not earlier than Sept 2022.
- Authors accept that if their paper is rejected, they cannot submit it again to AOH in any revised form. They also accept that if two of their consecutively submitted papers have been rejected, the editor-in-chief will reject the third one without explanation.
You can choose from the following possibilities:
1. Copyright Transfer Statement (Green Open Access / Self Archiving)
See further details >>>
2. Open Access Possibilities
2.1. Open Access sponsored by EISZ (only for authors affiliated to EISZ member institutions)
2.2. Optional Open Access
See further details >>>
Please note that production of your manuscript can only commence IF your manuscript is accepted for publication, we have your signed license agreement, and the corresponding APC – if applicable – has been paid.
Therefore, please DOWNLOAD, FILL IN and SIGN one of the above mentioned statements and UPLOAD it in step 2 (2. Upload Submission) as a "Copyright Transfer Statement / Open Access Statement" file during the manuscript submission process.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.